Certified welding company (DIN EN ISO 3834-2 and EN1090-2 EXC3)
VRT Nord GmbH, based in Dänischenhagen near Kiel, was founded in 2010. Our company specializes in high-quality welding work for wind turbines.
Our services include the maintenance, servicing and repair of welded structures and machine components for wind turbines. We are involved in onshore and offshore assembly projects throughout Germany, Europe and the rest of the world.
Our excellently trained and experienced welding specialists not only repair damage, but also ensure professional workmanship through the use of non-destructive testing (NDT) methods in line with DIN EN ISO 9712.
Excellent workmanship by certified personnel
We offer a wide range of services to ensure the safe and economical operation of wind turbines in the long term – from welding repairs on wind turbine towers, machine frames and generator frames to the construction of base frames for small wind turbines.
For example, our lifetime service agreements ensure the permanent monitoring and, if necessary, repair of machine frames at a fixed price to save operators a great deal of time, effort and money.
We also have the necessary expertise and equipment to take on complicated work, such as repairing dents and cracks in towers, which can be caused by transport damage, extreme weather events, rotor damage and other factors.
Our comprehensive services include:
• Just-in-time repairs (e.g. transport damage to towers)
• Repairs to spinners, radiator trusses and azimuth ring gears
• Rotor blade root repairs
• Repair and restoration of tower welds
• Repair of damage caused by dynamic loads
• Main frame and generator frame repairs
• Azimuth and pitch gear repairs
• Head flange repairs
Non-destructive testing (NDT)
State-of-the art testing methods for diagnostics and quality control
In addition to our excellent welding services, we also meet the highest quality standards with our on-site non-destructive testing (NDT). We use state-of-the-art testing methods to ensure high system availability and economy as part of our full-service package.
One of our standard procedures is magnetic particle testing (MT), which saves time and enables materials to be tested directly on site before, during and after welding work.
We also use other common testing methods to meet the relevant requirements.
Various certificates for every assignment
As a certified welding company, we meet the DIN EN ISO 3834-2 and EXC 3 EN 1090-2 standards for welding supervisors, welding and testing personnel, and operational facilities and equipment. We are approved by insurance companies and other institutions, making us an important partner for high-quality welding work around the world.
Our welders are trained and examined on a regular basis – both within our company and at external training centers – so that they obtain the required qualifications and certifications.
We also implement DIN ISO 9712 for non-destructive testing (NDT) to detect any damage and ensure that our work has been carried out to a professional standard.
CAREERS AT VRT NORD
Welders wanted – apply now!
VRT Nord GmbH, based in Dänischenhagen near Kiel, was founded in 2010. Our company specializes in welding work, servicing, maintenance and repairs for all kinds of welded structures, machine components, buildings and systems. Our projects mainly revolve around the servicing, maintenance and repair of wind turbines. Are you interested in a change of career or just starting out in the industry? No problem! We would love to continue our development with you!
We are always looking for enthusiastic and qualified personnel – we look forward to receiving your application!
YOUR TASKS IN OUR TEAM:
- Execution of general welding work on steel components and steelwork structures
- Repair and maintenance work on wind turbine components (steel, aluminum)
- Preparation and post-processing of welds (quality, dimensional accuracy, cleaning, grindings, etc.)
- Independent completion of assignments according to specifications
- Submission of working hour reports via computer-aided time recording system
- Good knowledge of MS Office
YOUR SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- You have knowledge of the TIG / SMAW methods used in steel construction (maintenance, repairs, assembly, etc.)
- You are a qualified welder with professional experience
- You have completed vocational training as a fitter or construction mechanic or have learned a similar trade in the metalworking industry
- You are fully capable of working at heights
- You like to travel and are willing to do assembly work throughout Germany, Europe and, if necessary, the rest of the world
- You hold a valid driver’s license (B class)
- You have a good command of German and English (if not, we will help you)
What to expect as a member of our team:
- A permanent, full-time job at a medium-sized company in the renewable energy sector
- Short chains of command, direct communication with small teams and lots of personal responsibility
- A varied, challenging job with interesting perspectives
- Good career opportunities
- Bonus incentive for referring new recruits
VRT Nord GmbH
Tel. +49 (0) 4349 913 380